Foster Parent Training Series: Self-Care Core™ For Foster/Adoptive Parents
September 29 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
**Please note, this event is FULL. Please email Karen Bowman to be placed on a waitlist if there are any cancellations.
Register here for this event.
Self-Care Core™ For Foster/Adoptive Parents With J. Jay Miller, Ph.D., MSW, CSW
Being a foster/adoptive parent can be challenging. Research suggests that foster/adoptive parents often face multiple stressors, for example: dealing with licensing processes; receiving inadequate information about youth placed in their care; and navigating boundaries with the foster/adoptive care system and separation from foster/adoptive youth. These challenges are often compounded by inadequacies for support for foster/adoptive parents. Given these factors, it is imperative that foster/adoptive parents engage in adequate self-care.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Display understanding and familiarity with a variety of definitions of self-care;
- Design a self-care plan utilizing provided guidelines/templates;
- Identify strategies for implementing a self-care plan;
- Identify tools for evaluating self-care; and
- Identify tools for sustaining good self-care practices.
This is a live virtual training being held via ZOOM.
There is no cost for this event.
Presenter: J. Jay Miller, Ph.D., MSW, CSW, Dean of the UK College of Social Work