Intern Placement Tracking (IPT)
The College of Social Work’s Field Education Program uses an internet-based placement system called Intern Placement Tracking, or IPT for short. This web-based software was developed to assist colleges with the complex issues associated with managing student interns in their field placements. It is also a valuable tool for students to begin researching prospective agencies for their practicum placements, and provides students with access to descriptive information about agencies and learning opportunities.
The Field Education Program uses IPT to:
- Provide password-protected, web-based access to pertinent field placement information
for students, practicum instructors, and field instructors.
- Update and expand our field agency database, so current and future students have quick access to
accurate agency information when researching field placements.
- Provide the Director of Field Education and Faculty Practicum Instructors the ability to communicate directly to students
and advise them regarding appropriate field placements.
- Maintain accurate and timely information on individual student placements in the field.
- Quickly access information for students when employers and/or graduate schools request
information about a student’s internship experience.
- Meet accreditation requirements to maintain data, assess and report on Field Education.
All students and faculty practicum instructors are provided registration information and support for their use of IPT.
- Setting Up Your Student
- Sort and Search Agency
- Confirming Your Placement in IPT
- Completing Your CSWE Statistics Page
Reminder: the organizational ID for UK’s IPT system is “uky”. You will need to input this every time you log in to the system.
If you forget your user name or password please click on the ‘
Forgot your username or password link can be found at the bottom of the login page – www.runipt.com
You will be prompted to enter three things:
- Organization ID: uky
- User Type: “Faculty/Administrator” if you are field
faculty or “Student” if you are a student.
- Your email address.
A reset password link will be emailed to you in 5 or 10 minutes.
If after trying this you are still unable to log in, please contact Desha Scanlon at email@example.com.