MSW Plans of Study
UK College of Social Work offers full-time and part-time plans of study to earn a master of social work (MSW). Review our curriculum models for further details.
Our regular master of social work degree, a 60-credit program consists of:
- Fifty one credits of classwork-including 12 hours of electives for 60 credit program
- Nine credits of fieldwork experience.
The first 30 credits are foundation courses, and all regular 60 Hour MSW students will take these courses. The remaining 30 credits are part of the program’s advanced generalist courses.
Our advanced standing program, beginning Fall 2019, a 30-credit program consists of:
- Twenty four credits of classwork-including 9 hours of electives for 30 credit program
- Six credits of fieldwork experience.
We offer several plans of study in which you can complete your MSW degree:
Fall 2018 Students: New Curriculum Plans of Study
- Regular 60 Hour Advanced Generalist MSW Program (Full & Part Time Model) – Download PDF
- Off Campus Regular 60 Hour & Advanced Standing Generalist MSW (For Off Campus Locations) – Download PDF
- Advanced Standing Advanced Generalist MSW Program (Full & Part Time Model) Available beginning Fall 2019 Download PDF
Continuing Students: Curriculum Models from Fall 2018 & Prior
Clinical Social Work-
Clinical Social Work 60 Credit Hours Curriculum Model.
Clinical Social Work Advanced Standing 39 Hours Curriculum Model: Curriculum Model.
Clinical Social Work Advanced Standing 39 Hours Weekend Hybrid Model.
Community & Social Development-
Community & Social Development 60 Hour Curriculum Model.
Community & Social Development Advanced Standing 39 Hour Curriculum Model.