LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 5, 2019) — The 2019-20 University of Kentucky Women’s Forum has announced its new board members and is seeking input from the university community for programming in the upcoming year. Original Article
The 2019-20 Executive Committee members are:
- Amanda Saha, (chair) College of Agriculture, Food and Environment’s Center for Student Success;
- Drew Ard (chair-elect), University Events;
- Laura Mancuso (past chair), Auxiliary Services;
- Emily Sallee (secretary), Office of Nationally Competitive Awards; and
- vacant (treasurer).
Elected board members are:
- Monica Adair, Cardiovascular Services;
- Scarlett Consalvi, SMDC;
- Jennifer Edwards, Information Technology Services;
- Ashley Gei, James W. Stuckert Career Center;
- Jacqui Green, Office of Technology Commercialization;
- Beth Hanneman, Career and Academic Support;
- Jennifer Haynes, Office of Faculty Advancement;
- Franny Henkel, International Center;
- Tricia Hensley, Student Organizations and Activities;
- Alli Lake, Student Organizations and Activities;
- Brittany Lawrence, University Registrar;
- Hannah LeGris, Lewis Honors College;
- Lauren Lynch, College of Social Work Training Resource Center;
- Ely Medina, Student Organizations and Activities;
- Kristen Pickett, College of Arts and Sciences; and
- Bridget Szczapinski, Biomedical Education.
The UK Women’s Forum is an organization for all employees of the university. Its mission is to exert a leadership role in empowering, validating, informing, including and celebrating all women employed at UK by addressing challenges, communicating issues and recognizing successes within the context of the workplace.
The campus community is invited to join Women’s Forum for monthly professional development sessions. The forum’s signature events include the fall conference on Oct. 16 and the Sarah Bennett Holmes Awards in March. The forum also awards Employee Education Assistance scholarships three times each year. More information can be found on the forum’s website, www.uky.edu/womensforum/.