The “Unsung Heroes” award is an effort to recognize Kentuckians who devote their time and energy to the pursuit of social justice in the Commonwealth.
We are looking to honor individuals who:
- Work toward social change and equity for all members of our society.
- Take action to improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities.
- Inspire others to want to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Make a difference in the lives of other Kentuckians
- Have not necessarily been recognized formally for their efforts, contributions, and/or sacrifices.
This award is intended to celebrate individuals for whom other awards or formal methods of recognition do not already exist. Anyone can nominate an individual for this award. Please complete this form to nominate someone for the Unsung Heroes award to be presented on Friday, April 20, 2018 at the College of Social Work’s Evening of Excellence.
Selected honorees are expected to attend the Evening of Excellence and receive their award in person. The dinner and ceremony will be held on April 20th from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at the Signature Country Club at 3256 Lansdowne Drive in Lexington, Kentucky. We hope to have a representation of Unsung Heroes from across the Commonwealth; please help us in recognizing those who work to make a difference for individuals, families and communities.
The nomination period for the Unsung Heroes project has ended. We would like to thank everyone who participated.