The “Unsung Heroes” award is an effort to recognize Kentuckians who devote their time and energy to the pursuit of social justice in the Commonwealth.
We are looking to honor individuals who:
- Work for social change and sacrifice for the disadvantaged members of our society.
- Take action to improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities.
- Inspire others to want to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Make a difference in the lives of other Kentuckians (one or many).
- Have not previously been recognized formally for their efforts, contributions, and/or sacrifices.
This award is intended to celebrate individuals for whom other awards or formal methods of recognition do not already exist. Anyone can nominate an individual for this award. Please complete this form to nominate someone for the Unsung Heroes award to be presented on Friday, April 14th 2017 during Social Justice Week at the University of Kentucky.
Selected honorees are expected to attend the recognition luncheon and receive their award in person. The luncheon will be held on April 14th from 12:30 – 2:00 pm at the Boone Center at the University of Kentucky. Nominators for the selected honorees will also be invited to attend the recognition luncheon and will be asked to present a brief bio on the recipient.