What is an Incomplete “I” grade? Am I eligible to receive an Incomplete for a class?

posted in: University Policies | 0

A grade of Incomplete I means that part of the regularly assigned work of the course remains undone. It shall be conferred only when there is significant non-academic reason for failure to complete the course in a timely manner and there is a reasonable possibility that the student can complete the work within the allowable period of time and that a passing grade will result from completion of the work. A grade of I must be replaced by a regular final letter grade not later than 12 months from the end of the academic term in which the I grade was awarded or prior to the student’s graduation, otherwise a grade of E will be assigned.

The social work faculty member responsible for the course must submit an Incomplete Grade Form to the student’s academic advisor that details the work to be completed and time frame for completing the required work. A copy of the form is filed with the student’s academic advisor and added to the student’s record.

Follow Webmaster:

Latest posts from