Needing writing help is very common at our university. Please ask your instructor or use one of the links below to get the help you need.
- Social Work Research Library Guides (link)
- Common Writing Errors (PDF Download)
- University of Kentucky Writing Center is a good place to make an appointment with an expert who will review your writing and give you helpful feedback to improve! Students of all writing levels (Undergraduate to Ph.D.) use this service.
- Free Writing Courses (Outside of UK – this is not necessarily an endorsement but listed as resources)
- We highly recommend the free grammar checking software Grammarly – if installed, it works both in the browser (great for online writing prompts and posts) and in Microsoft Word
APA 6th/7th Writing Style Resources
The College of Social Work uses the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (commonly called the APA 7th) as a style guide. It is essential that you have a copy of this guide and use it for all your writing assignments. Here are some online resources for you below: