Ombud Academic Reminders

Note to Part-Time Instructors

It has come to our attention that the UK Police Department, in its ongoing efforts to improve campus security, is working to require students, faculty, and staff to use a UK ID card in order to access UK campus buildings (and classrooms) after 5:00 pm.  This may eventually impact you as a part-time instructor teaching an evening class.  Since we do not know the timetable for the completion of this UK project—it could take many months—we would encourage you to consider getting a UK ID (known as a “WildCard” ID) during any semester in which you anticipate teaching an evening class.

  • As a part-time instructor, your UK ID is valid for one year from the date it is issued.
  • The UK ID card only gives you access to the specific building and classroom in which you are assigned to teach.  For example, if you are scheduled to teach in the Don and Cathy Jacobs Science Building (JSB), you will have access to that building and the assigned classroom.

How to get a UK ID Card?

The location of the UK WildCard ID office is A380 in the new Gatton Student Center.

Please go here for more information

Helpful Links

Helpful Contacts

IT Manager

Gary Trumble
602 Patterson Office Tower

Academic Coordinator/Senior Data Analyst

Ray Dowd
619 Patterson Office Tower